This is a combination of Filter and Dryer unit in single equipment to achieve economy in process and energy thereby improving profitability. This equipment can be used in manufacturing process of various Pharmaceutical and Food Products, Chemicals, Agro Chemicals, Pesticides, Insecticides, Dyes and Intermediates. It is also available for Sterile applications.
The Agitated Nutsche filter is a Nutsche type filter designed to separate solids from liquids under controlled conditions. It is totally enclosed and is normally operated under pressure or under vacuum. Additionally, the equipment is fitted with a stirrer mechanism which efficiently agitates the slurry during cake washing, smoothens and squeezes the cake during filtration and assists in the automatic discharge of the cake. The ANFD comprises of a pressure vessel in which a main shaft rotates and also moves in the vertical direction. Specially designed stirrer blades are mounted on the shaft, capable of performing various functions. A side discharge arrangement is provided, closing and opening through hydraulic / mechanical means. A filter plate is located at the base of the vessel in level with the discharge port to facilitate maximum cake removal. The filter medium, usually a filter cloth, is fitted on the filter plate which is replaceable type. A multilayered filter plate construction can also be provided for filtration instead of filter cloth. In addition a special design of interchangeable arrangement between filter cloth and multilayered sintered plate can be provided in the same equipment. filter dryer.
Slurry is charged into filter preferably by gravity flow from reactor installed above the filter or by slurry pump. Pressure balance line is kept open to avoid cloth ballooning.
While charging the slurry into the filter, filtrate will start passing through filter cloth by gravity. To enhance filtration rate and to keep filter media clean from initial sedimentation, the agitator can be brought down to its down most position and to be kept on rotating in forward direction. The cake height can be built up in successive step
Wash liquid is sprayed into the chamber on cake through a spray ring. The stirrer blades are lowered to agitate the slurry to obtain good cake washing. The wash liquid is sprayed repeatedly through the filter cake.
• No Toxic Emission.
• Solvent recovery to the maximum extent.
• Controlled quantity of wash water.
• Manual handling is almost nil.
• Space Saving
• Energy Saving
• Labour Saving
• Product purity & Hygiene at its best.
• Compacting / Dewatering
• Automatic discharge of wet cake
• Drying (On Request Only)
EASY FOR INSTALLATION
• Customers based nozzle orientation.
• Foundation not necessary.
• Easy installation & commissioning.
EASY FOR OPERATION
• Fully automatic operations can run the machine in complete auto mode.
• Single person can operate two/three nutsche filters.
• Semi-skilled person can operate the machine.
• All controls placed centralized.
• In built safety systems makes the machine safe.
EASY FOR MAINTENANCE
• Minimum maintenance required, due to the hydraulic system.
• Easy cleaning with hinged DV and detachable bottom.
• Detachable bottom version for toxic and frequent change of products.
• Quick changing filter cloth arrangement provided.
Stainless steel, Hastelloy C-276, Hastelloy C-22, Hastelloy C, Monel, Titanium, Mild steel, Rubber Lining, FRP Lining
1) Wet & Dry Mechanical Seals with metallic below.
2) Packed gland type stuffing box with antifriction Bearing.
1) Metallic Screens.
2) Multilayered Sintered wire mesh.
3) Filter cloth Natural or Synthetic fiber
1) A trouble free and easy maintenance Hydraulic system for up/down movement of shaft, bottom bed and open/close of discharge valve.
2) The discharge valve is specially designed for leak proof operation and automatic cake discharge.
3) Non-bolted quick detachable bottom designs facilitate easy cleaning, quick changing of filter media, recommended for various products processing. The bottom bed is trolley mounted for easy movement.
4) Limit Switches - to limit up and down movement of shaft, bottom bed and open/close of discharge valve.
5)Control Panel - Flame proof or as required. Complete PLC -HMI/SCADA based control panel can also be provided.
ANFD's are available in variants compatible with barrier isolation systems at the discharge. This allows handling of Cytotoxic/ Potent products with operator safety. Additionally, these can be combined with automatic packing systems further downline. Also lab scale ANFD models are available for R&D purposes.
Sterile application ANFD models with completely automated SIP/CIP & operation cycles, sintered cartridge filter media, metal to metal sealing are also available.
A specially designed quick openable discharge valve which allows much closer access to interior of machine for heel removal is also available
4. Special Quick detachable designs for bottom
Slurry is charged into filter preferably by gravity flow from reactor installed above the filter or by slurry pump. Vacuum is then applied in the filtrate receiver which is connected to the filtrate discharge nozzle.
Mother liquor is sucked through the filter bed and collected in the receiver, which is below the level of lower compartment of the filter, and slowly cake formation begins on the filter media. When most of the filtrate is sucked out, the cake is deposited on the filter bed.
If necessary, after first filtration, wash liquor can be sprayed on filter bed and cake can be reslurried by manipulation of agitator movement. Filtration can be then repeated. As many washing as necessary can be done till cake is free from all impurities and the quality is within acceptable limits.
Further with manipulation of stirrer movement, cake can be pressed and squeezed and some quantity of filtrate can be removed thereby. Final moisture content may be between 5% to 25% depending on the characteristic of solids in the slurry.
Drying: Filter Unit can be provided with limpet coils or jacket for heating of the vessel. In this process vacuum is applied on the top of the vessel through dust filter as well as on bottom of the vessel, which will accelerate the drying process. The slow movement of agitator helps faster drying. Vapors will be generated inside the filter which can be extracted and solvent recovery can be done by installing vapor condenser and receiver.
Cake Discharge : Specially designed ‘S’ type agitator blade peels, cuts & scraps cake & pushes it towards the periphery and finally expels through discharge outlet plunger valve. (Not necessary to open manhole, DV located just in level with the filter plate.)